Peer review service
The SARA offers a free peer review service for papers. This service allows ÉTS students to submit a draft of their paper and receive useful comments by people experienced in writing scientific papers.
Why use this service? Here are several good reasons :
- Get prompt feedback that is relevant to the improvement of your manuscript, from the perspective of a potential reader;
- Learn to receive and react productively to criticism, which is an invaluable career skill;
- Become familiar with EasyChair, a real on-line manuscript submission system that is typical of systems used for many conferences;
- Increase your chances of getting your work published in a good journal or conference proceedings.
To use this service, you must:
- Be registered as a graduate student at ÉTS;
- Have completed a first draft of your manuscript in PDF format, in the format required by the conference or journal that you are targeting. The draft does not need to be perfect, but it must be complete. That is, it must minimally include a title, an abstract, an introduction, conclusions, a bibliography, the methodology and results, and must not have any empty sections or sections “to be completed”;
- Have the permission of your thesis advisor and all of your co-authors before submitting to SARA;
- Make sure that you are not violating any confidentiality agreement related to your research project, particularly if your project is part of an industrial collaboration;
- Make sure that your submission does not divulge information that could compromise patent protection in the case where you or any of your co-authors is planning to commercialize the results of the research described in the manuscript.
Submit a draft paper
To submit a draft of your manuscript via our Open Journal System platform, you must register on the platform or login with an existing account. Once you are logged in, click on Author and follow the instructions to Start a New Submission.